Featured Ski Packages in Zell am See
All Zell am See Packages
Zell am See is a popular ski resort town located in the Pinzgau region of Austria. It is known for its stunning scenery, reliable snow conditions, and varied terrain. Zell am See is also home to the Schmittenhöhe Glacier, which offers skiing and snowboarding year-round.
Zell am See has a lively apres-ski scene, with a variety of bars, restaurants, and clubs to choose from. Some of the most popular apres-ski spots include:
- Steinerwirt: This traditional Austrian restaurant offers live music and dancing until the early hours of the morning.
- Schlosstaverne: This bar and restaurant is located in a 16th-century castle and offers stunning views of Zell am See and the surrounding mountains.
- Off-Piste Bar: This bar is located at the base of the Schmittenhöhe mountain and is a popular spot for skiers and snowboarders to relax after a long day on the slopes.
In addition to skiing and snowboarding, Zell am See offers a variety of other activities, including:
- Ice skating: There is an outdoor ice rink in the center of Zell am See.
- Sledding: There are several sledding runs in Zell am See, including a run at the Schmittenhöhe mountain.
- Snowshoeing: There are many snowshoeing trails in the area, including a trail at the Schmittenhöhe mountain.
- Paragliding: There are several paragliding companies in Zell am See that offer tandem flights.
- Sightseeing: Zell am See is home to a number of historical and cultural attractions, including the Zell am See Castle and the Zell am See Museum.
Zell am See is a great choice for a ski holiday for skiers and snowboarders of all levels. It offers a variety of terrain, challenging slopes, a lively apres-ski scene, and many other activities to enjoy.
Zell am See has over 138 kilometers of groomed ski slopes, making it a great destination for skiers and snowboarders of all levels. The slopes are divided into two main areas:
- Schmittenhöhe: This area is home to a variety of terrain, including easy, intermediate, and advanced slopes, as well as off-piste skiing.
- Kitzsteinhorn Glacier: This area offers year-round skiing and snowboarding on a variety of terrain, including glaciers and steep slopes.
- Season Start / End: 4/11 – 2/4
- Opening Times: 08:30 – 16:30
- Total Slope Length: 138 km
- Easy Slope Length: 60 km
- Intermediate Slope Length: 55 km
- Difficult Slope Length: 29 km
MOUNTAIN STATION ALTITUDE: 3029m
VALLEY STATION ALTITUDE: 762m
TOTAL SKI LIFTS: 19
CABLE CARS: 1
CHAIR LIFTS: 6
DRAG LIFTS: 5
MAGIC CARPETS: 2