Hotel Post is a great little adults-only hotel near the base of Bad Gastein’s village. There are a couple of ways to get to the centre of town and the Stubnerkogel gondola – take the 10-minute uphill walk or take a shortcut via the lift at the Hotel Salzburger Hof next door.
Speaking of the Salzburger Hof, you’ve got free access to the spa, pool and wellness facilities there too.
Rooms at the Post use natural materials like wood and leather as well as Carrara marble. It’s modern and stylishly finished and very in-keeping with the grand architecture of the Gastein Valley, but with a refreshing edge.
Each morning, a tasty buffet breakfast is served with plenty of choice. Plus, in the evenings you’ll be spoilt by flavours of the region and beyond. On Wednesdays, the Post’s kitchen is closed, so you can explore the many fabulous local restaurants.
· 10 minutes’ walk to town centre, Stubnerkogel and ski school meeting point · 1 minute walk to ski bus stop
Hotel Post Rooms
All rooms are non-smoking and have flatscreen satellite TV, free WiFi, telephone, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, safe and minibar.
Twin room – sleeps 1-2: Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower and WC.
Twin room – sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, extra single sofa bed when booked for three, private bath or shower and WC.
Single room – sleeps 1: Single bed, private bath or shower and WC.
Austrian twin beds: One large bed frame containing two single mattresses, each with their own bedding.
Infants & cots
Cot hire is available free of charge – please request at time of booking.
- Free WiFi
- Après bar
- Live music
- Free use of indoor pool, sauna, steam bath and hot tub at the Hotel Salzburger Hof
- Extra charge for massages and treatments at the Hotel Salzburger Hof
- Lift to all floors
- Ski storage room
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 5-course evening meal with a choice of main course (six evenings per week, no meal on Wednesday)
- New Year’s Eve gala meal included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.