Featured Ski Packages in Niederau
All Niederau Packages
Niederau, Austria is a beautiful and charming ski resort town located in the Wildschönau region. It is known for its family-friendly atmosphere, traditional Tyrolean architecture, and stunning mountain scenery.
Niederau has a lively apres-ski scene, with a variety of bars, restaurants, and cafes to choose from. Some of the most popular apres-ski spots include:
- Die Hexe: This bar is located at the top of the Markbachjoch mountain and offers stunning views of the surrounding area.
- Schlittenfahrt Niederau: This family-friendly restaurant offers traditional Austrian cuisine and live music.
- Dorfgasthof Niederau: This traditional Austrian gasthof offers a cozy atmosphere and a variety of local dishes.
In addition to skiing and snowboarding, Niederau offers a variety of other activities, including:
- Hiking: There are many hiking trails in the area, ranging from easy to challenging. Some of the most popular hiking trails include the Niederau – Markbachjoch trail and the Niederau – Schatzberg trail.
- Sledding: There are several sledding runs in Niederau, including a run at the Markbachjoch mountain.
- Ice skating: There is an outdoor ice rink in the center of Niederau.
- Snowshoeing: There are many snowshoeing trails in the area, including a trail at the Markbachjoch mountain.
- Paragliding: There are several paragliding companies in Niederau that offer tandem flights.
- Sightseeing: Niederau is home to a number of historical and cultural attractions, including the Niederau Church and the Niederau Museum.
No matter what your interests are, you’re sure to find something to enjoy during your ski holiday in Niederau, Austria.
- Ski areas: 2
- Ski slopes: 100 km
- Lifts: 40
- Highest point: 2,000 m
- Snowmaking: Yes
- Night skiing: Yes
- Ski school: Yes
- Child care: Yes
- Apres-ski: Lively
- Other activities: Hiking, sledding, ice skating, snowshoeing, paragliding, sightseeing
Niederau is a great choice for a ski holiday for families, couples, and groups of friends. It offers a variety of terrain for all levels of skiers and snowboarders, as well as a lively apres-ski scene and a variety of other activities.
Niederau has over 100 kilometers of groomed ski slopes, making it a great destination for skiers of all levels. The slopes are divided into two main areas:
- SkiWelt Wilder Kaiser – Brixental: This area offers a variety of terrain, including easy and intermediate slopes, as well as advanced slopes and off-piste skiing.
- Markbachjoch: This area is home to more challenging slopes, making it a great place for experienced skiers.
Season Start / End: 3/12 – 4/3
Opening Times: 09:00 – 16:30
Total Slope Length: 109 km
Easy Slope Length: 26 km
Intermediate Slope Length: 54 km
Difficult Slope Length: 29 km
MOUNTAIN STATION ALTITUDE: 1903m
VALLEY STATION ALTITUDE: 828m
TOTAL SKI LIFTS: 45
CHAIR LIFTS: 7
DRAG LIFTS: 28
MAGIC CARPETS: 1