Featured Ski Packages in Bad Hofgastein
All Bad Hofgastein Packages
Bad Hofgastein is a beautiful ski resort in the Gastein Valley of Austria. It is part of the Ski Amadé region, which gives skiers access to over 860 kilometres of slopes. Bad Hofgastein is a great choice for skiers of all levels, with a good mix of easy, intermediate, and advanced terrain.
Bad Hofgastein has a lively après-ski scene, with a variety of bars and clubs to choose from. Some of the most popular après-ski spots include:
- The Salzburgerhof: This hotel bar is a popular spot for both locals and tourists. It has a lively atmosphere and a large outdoor terrace.
- The Kupferkessel: This cozy bar is known for its friendly atmosphere and its selection of Austrian beers and schnapps.
- The Hexenkessel: This club is the place to go for dancing and late-night fun.
Other Winter Activities
In addition to skiing, there are a number of other winter activities to enjoy in Bad Hofgastein, such as:
- Sledding: There are several sledding runs in the area, including a floodlit sledding run at the Schlossalm.
- Snowshoeing: There are a number of snowshoeing trails in the area, ranging from easy to challenging.
- Ice skating: There is an outdoor ice rink in Bad Hofgastein, which is open from December to March.
- Cross-country skiing: There are over 20 kilometres of cross-country skiing trails in the Gastein Valley.
- Thermal baths: Bad Hofgastein is known for its thermal baths, which are said to have healing properties.
The main skiing areas in Bad Hofgastein are the Schlossalm, Angertal, and Stubnerkogel. The Schlossalm is the largest area, with a variety of slopes for all levels. The Angertal is a good choice for beginners and families, with wide, easy slopes and a snow park. The Stubnerkogel is known for its challenging terrain and off-piste skiing.
Season Start / End: 2/12 – 3/4
Opening Times: 08:30 – 16:00
Total Slope Length: 198 km
Easy Slope Length: 67 km
Intermediate Slope Length: 102 km
Difficult Slope Length: 29 km
MOUNTAIN STATION ALTITUDE: 2686m
VALLEY STATION ALTITUDE: 859m
TOTAL SKI LIFTS: 20
CABLE CARS: 6
CHAIR LIFTS: 9
DRAG LIFTS: 4