St. Moritz, Switzerland, is a world-renowned resort town nestled in the breathtaking Engadine Valley. More than just a winter wonderland, St. Moritz offers a unique blend of charm, sophistication, and endless opportunities for adventure.
Three Villages, One Enchanting Experience
The resort itself is comprised of three distinct villages, each with its own character:
- Dorf: Situated on the shores of Lake St. Moritz, Dorf is the vibrant heart of the resort. This is where you’ll find a bustling array of shops, chic boutiques, trendy restaurants, and lively nightlife.
- St. Moritz Bad: A short distance away, St. Moritz Bad exudes a quieter charm. Quaint chalets and charming cafes line the streets, offering a more relaxed atmosphere.
- Celerina: On the other side of Dorf, Celerina boasts a distinct Italian influence. This family-friendly village offers a more laid-back vibe, with its own share of hotels and restaurants.
For non-skiers, St. Moritz boasts over 200 kilometers of scenic cross-country tracks, miles of winter walking trails, and a host of other activities like ice skating, curling, and tobogganing.
Indulge in Luxury and Culinary Delights
St. Moritz is a gourmand’s paradise. From Michelin-starred fine dining to cozy alpine restaurants, the culinary scene here is as diverse as it is delicious. Whether you’re craving local specialties or international cuisine, St. Moritz has something to tantalize your taste buds.
Après-Ski and Nightlife
After a day of adventure, unwind in style at one of St. Moritz’s many bars and lounges. The Sky Bar at the Hotel Monopol offers stunning views of the lake, while the Stübli Bar is a lively spot for live music and good company.
More Than Just a Winter Destination
St. Moritz’s charm extends beyond the winter months. The summer season offers a vibrant calendar of events, from the renowned White Turf horse races on the frozen lake to the St. Moritz Festival of Jazz. Hiking, biking, and watersports are just a few of the activities that await during the warmer months.
Whether you’re seeking a luxurious ski getaway, a charming alpine escape, or a gourmet adventure, St. Moritz has something for everyone. With its picturesque setting, endless activities, and world-class amenities, this captivating resort town promises an unforgettable experience.
St. Moritz is a skier’s haven, with three main ski areas catering to all levels and preferences:
- Corviglia: The home mountain of St. Moritz, Corviglia offers over 155 kilometers of slopes, breathtaking views, and a variety of terrain, from gentle beginner runs to challenging black pistes.
- Corvatsch & Diavolezza-Lagalb: Accessible by cable car, these areas offer steeper terrain and breathtaking glacier skiing experiences.
Season Start / End: 2/12 – 3/4
Opening Times: 07:45 – 17:00
Total Slope Length: 350 km
Easy Runs: 16
Intermediate Runs: 35
Difficult Runs: 9
MOUNTAIN STATION ALTITUDE: 3022m
VALLEY STATION ALTITUDE: 1720m
TOTAL SKI LIFTS: 24
CABLE CARS: 2
CHAIR LIFTS: 12
DRAG LIFTS: 7