The Hotel Planac is a simple, ski-in ski-out hotel, right at the foot of the Sella Ronda’s Pralongia slope – just metres from a chairlift. It’s 3km from the centre of Corvara, so perfect if you perfer quieter evenings – though if you do want to get out it’s easy to grab a taxi to town.
Corvara is a popular ski resort town located in the Dolomites region of Italy. It is known for its stunning scenery, reliable snow conditions, and varied terrain. Corvara is also part of the Dolomiti Superski area, which gives skiers and snowboarders access to over 1,200 kilometers of slopes.
Corvara has a lively après-ski scene, with a variety of bars, restaurants, and clubs to choose from. Some of the most popular après-ski spots include:
- Bar Apres-Ski: This traditional Italian bar offers live music and dancing until the early hours of the morning.
- Ristorante La Stua: This family-run restaurant offers traditional Italian cuisine and stunning views of the Corvara mountains.
- Disco Club Cristallo: This club is located in the center of Corvara and offers live music and dancing until the early hours of the morning.
In addition to skiing and snowboarding, Corvara offers a variety of other activities, including:
- Ice skating
- Cross-country skiing
- Horse-drawn carriage rides
- Sightseeing: Corvara is home to a number of historical and cultural attractions, including the Corvara Church and the Corvara Museum.
Corvara has over 130 kilometers of groomed ski slopes, making it a great destination for skiers and snowboarders of all levels. The slopes are divided into two main areas:
- Col Alto: This area is home to a variety of terrain, including easy, intermediate, and advanced slopes, as well as off-piste skiing.
- Boè: This area is home to more challenging slopes, including the infamous “Pista La Varella” black run.
- Season Start / End: 2/12 – 3/4
- Opening Times: 08:30 – 16:30
- Total Slope Length: 130 km
- Easy Slope Length: 70 km
- Intermediate Slope Length: 52 km
- Difficult Slope Length: 8 km
MOUNTAIN STATION ALTITUDE: 3340m
VALLEY STATION ALTITUDE: 1570m
TOTAL SKI LIFTS: 59
CABLE CARS: 1
CHAIR LIFTS: 30
DRAG LIFTS: 12
MAGIC CARPETS: 6