Excellent service and food, with a touch of understated luxury from top to bottom – that’s the Hotel Le Fitz Roy. Add in a prime slopeside spot that’s strolling distance from shops and bars in the centre, and it’s easy to see why this is one of the resort’s standout stays.
Inside, the décor’s bang on trend. Soft, woollen fabrics and natural tones of cream and taupe nod to the natural surroundings, and arty black and white pics add a retro French twist. There are plenty of spots to unwind too. Snuggle up with a drink next to the open fire in the cocktail bar, or pad down to the spa to find some zen in the sauna and hammam. And definitely take a dip in the pool – it’s got massage jets around the edge, so it feels like one big hot tub.
As for food, there’s a big selection at breakfast, and you’re spoilt for choice with restaurants when dinner time rolls around. There’s Restaurant Fitz Roy in the hotel itself, and you can mix things up with meals La Fondue or La Brasserie at Hotel Le Val Thorens. And for mid-day pick-me-ups, you can swing by the hotel for drinks on the terrace or lunch inside.
- Ski-in, ski-out
- In the resort centre
- 5 minutes’ walk to the ski school meeting point
Hotel Le Fitz Roy Rooms:
All rooms have a video projectors, a hairdryer, minibar and safe.
Superior twin room – sleeps 2: Double bed or twin beds, private shower, WC and balcony with village view.
Superior twin room – sleeps 2: Double bed or twin beds, private shower, WC and balcony with piste view.
Junior suite (approx. 31m²) – sleeps 2-3 (max 2 adults and 1 child up to 12 years): Double bed or twin beds, extra sofa bed when booked for three, lounge, private shower, WC and balcony with piste view.
Cots are available to hire, free of charge, on request.
- Restaurant Fitz Roy
- Access to Hotel Le Val Thorens’ restaurants including La Fondue, La Brasserie and Le 1971 Bar terrace
- Spa with indoor pool, hammam and sauna
- Extra charge for massages and treatments
- Bar and lounge with open fire and terrace (10am – 12am)
- Internet corner
- Lockers with boot warmers
- Free WiFi
- 72 rooms
· hot and cold buffet breakfast · evening meal with a choice of main course · Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve gala meals included