Alpine charm meets Scandi chic at the Hotel Victoria Lodge – a stylish, modern stay just a short stroll from the heart of the old village. Built from chunky stone and timber, the building itself has that authentic Savoyard look. Step inside though, and there’s a sleek, minimalist feel throughout, with white walls and plenty of light, wood panelling.
As for heading up the mountain, it’s a 6-minute minute walk to the Solaise gondola – or hop on the free ski bus that stops opposite and save your legs for the slopes instead. Once you’re done for the day, sip your favourite après tipple on the 4th-floor sun terrace while you look across snow-covered roofs to mountain peaks beyond. Or for some post-piste pampering, check out the little wellness area to warm up in the sauna and soak ski muscles in the hot tub.
Mealtimes are another highlight here. There’s a hot and cold buffet spread each morning to set you up for the day. Then when evening rolls around, settle in for three courses of traditional fare made from fresh local ingredients. And with floor-to-ceiling windows at one end of the dining room, you’ll get to enjoy views of pine-clad peaks with your food too.
- 5 minutes’ walk to the resort centre
- 6 minutes’ walk to the nearest lift
- 6 minutes’ walk to the nursery slope and ski school meeting point
- Ski bus stop opposite the hotel
Hotel Victoria Lodge Rooms:
All rooms are non-smoking and have a satellite TV, free WiFi, hairdryer and tea and coffee making facilities.
Double room (15m²) – sleeps 1-2: Double bedroom, private bath with shower attachment, and WC.
Twin room (20m²) – sleeps 1-2: Double or twin beds, private shower or bath, WC and balcony.
- Bar and lounge with sun terrace
- Lounge in reception
- Wood burning stoves in dining room and lounge
- Free WiFi
- Wellness area with sauna, hot tub and fitness equipment
- Games room with pool table
- Ski room with lockers and heated boot racks
- Two lifts to all floors
· hot and cold breakfast buffet · afternoon tea and cakes · 3-course evening meal with waiter service · gala meals included