You’ll find the Hotel Val Claret All Inclusive in the centre of Tignes facing the slopes. The hotel’s main attraction has to be its ski-in ski-out location, which means no trudging back to the hotel in your heavy ski boots!
The closest ski school is only 100 metres from the hotel and the nearest chairlift is only 30 metres away, so you can get going pretty much as soon as you step out of the door. If you want to spend some time winding down off the slopes there’s also a spa area with a heated indoor swimming pool, sauna and steam room. Drop your children off at the kid’s club and have some you time. If you’re feeling more active then you can grab a pair of snow shoes and go for a walk in the snow – it’s one of the best ways to take in the scenery and immerse yourself in nature!
With their all-inclusive service you’ll have breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus après ski snacks so you wont go hungry here – you can even enjoy a glass of wine (or two) once you’re finished on the slopes. When you’re having lunch or a drink from the bar, make sure you check out the terrace that overlooks the piste. The hotel is a great choice for families as there are lots of activities on offer. In the evenings they have everything from quizzes and cinema nights to karaoke and discos.
Transfer Time: approx. 2 hours from Chambéry Airport
- Hotel Val Claret has a great location on the piste next to the the Bollin chairlift so you can ski in / ski out
- The ski school meeting point is 100 metres in Val Claret so just ski down to this
- The Bollin chairlift is a 30 metres ski down from the hotel. The Fresse chairlift starts from the same point and this takes you up to the Col de Fresse, the Borsat chair and Val d’Isère. Otherwise ski past the Fresse/Bollin chairlifts to the funicular or Les Lanches chairlift for the Grande Motte Glacier or to the Tichot chairlift for the Snowpark and the Aiguille Percée side of the valley.
- At the end of the day just catch the Bollin charlift and ski back to the hotel.
Hotel Val Claret All Inclusive Rooms:
- No. of hotel rooms: 194
- No. of buildings: 2
- No. of floors: 6
The hotel is made up of two buildings connected by a covered passageway.
Open 24 hours on Saturdays and on other days 8am-1pm and 4pm-8.30pm
Check in at 5pm
Check out at 10am
- Official rating: 4
Local Fees and Taxes
- Resort tax €1.65 per person, per day (under 18s Free of charge) paid locally
There are three categories of bedrooms, Essential, Classic and Premium.
Essential Bedrooms sleep 2-3 people (25-30m²) can be twin beds or a double and a single bed and has a bathroom with shower head and WC. All rooms have a LCD TV with international channels, heated towel rail and safe.
Classic Bedrooms are more spacious and have a hairdryer and North-Facing view over the resort.
Double rooms sleep 2 adults (28m²) with twin or double beds and some have a a single sofa bed suitable for a child under 10 years. Rooms are north facing with a resort view.
Quad rooms sleep up to 4 people (30m²) with a double bed and two single beds.
Premium accommodations have the guarantee of modern rooms, express arrival welcoming and a phone number for concierge services. Also, tea and coffee making facilities, some toiletries and a south facing piste view.
Premium double bedrooms sleep 2 people (28m²) have twin or double beds and some with balcony.
Premium quad bedrooms sleep up to 4 people (30m²) with one double bed and bunk beds.
There’s a mid-stay room service when beds are changed and made. Towels are provided (one hand towel and one bath towel per person).
- Lift accessible: Yes
- Lift serves all floors: Yes
- Access ramp: No
Hotel Val Claret All Inclusive Facilities:
- Heated indoor swimming pool
- Fitness room
- Spa with steam room and sauna
- Spa treatments available (book and pay locally)
- Restaurant with a terrace that looks over the slopes
- Bar with fireplace and a terrace
- Lounge with fireplace
- Children’s clubs
- Activity and entertainment programme including yoga & snowshoeing (up to 10 events a day)
- Evening entertainment including family quizzes, cinema, karaoke, discos, sport tournaments and interactive shows
- Live music at least once a week
- Heated ski lockers
- On site partner ski hire shop
- Special celebrations on 24th December and New Years Eve (Festive menu, surprise evening and celebration evening)
- Wi-Fi included
- Children’s clubs
- 3-5 years is open all season
- 6-10 years open during French school holidays
- 11-17 (junior and teens clubs) open during French school holidays
- Supervised support for 3-10 years old to ski lessons
- Free baby kit (when pre-booked)
Hotel Val Claret All Inclusive Meals:
As the name suggests this hotel is on an all inclusive basis, which includes seven breakfasts, six lunches and seven dinners, also including wine and drinks. Both the restaurant and bar have lovely terrace area’s that looks right over the slopes.
The bar is open 7 days a week and provisional opening times are 10am to midnight. After the bar closes there’s a coffee/tea/water self service station available until the breakfast buffet service starts at 7am.
Drinks at the bar include beers, cocktails, soft drinks, wine by the glass and hot drinks. Premium bottled beer, premium spirits/cocktails and bottles of wine are not included but can be purchased if required.
- Breakfast service:Breakfast is 7.30-9.30amBuffet includes hot drinks, fruit juice, pastries, selection of breads, jams and spreads, savoury buffet (with eggs, bacon, sausages etc..), fresh fruit and cereals
- Lunch service:Lunch is served 12-1.30pmBuffet style with different themes and possibility of packed lunch instead. Please note that luch is not provided on the arrival or departure days
Après ski snacks are available 12 – 4pm
After skiing there is all you can eat snacks with cakes, pancakes, mini waffles and drinks
- Dinner service:Dinner is served 7-8.30pmBuffet with Savoyard specialities, including raclette and fondue, world dishes and food cooked to order (show cooking).
Wine is included with meals
Special celebration meals on 24th December and New Years Eve (Festive menu, surprise evening and celebration evening). There are other special menus and celebrations for Carnival (Mardi Gras) Candlemas and St Valentine’s Day.
Board basis options available
- All Inclusive
This property caters for the following special dietary requirements
Vegetarian dishes are available on the buffets, and on the gala dinners.