Originally built as a traditional farmhouse in 1722, Langley’s Hotel La Vieille Ferme is a great choice for a historical, cultural and classical stay in Serre Chevalier. The hotel is the most charming and rustic hotel in Langley’s portfolio, having retained much of its original structure, meaning that every bedroom is unique in character and style.
The interior décor marries the best of Provencal and Italian design, which creates a cosy, homely atmosphere throughout. The rooms are comfortable and simple, with authentic limewashed walls and old timber beams.
The restaurant is a sight in itself, too. Located in a vaulted room, the restaurant feels rural yet sophisticated, and the floor lighting really adds to the ambience. Several times a week the restaurant opens their rotisserie and on these nights, food is cooked over an open fire – a tradition the locals have continued for centuries.
The hotel itself is located on a small hill, just above the charming village of Villeneuve and it’s only a 10-minute walk to the Aravet Télécabin, so it won’t take you long to get up the mountain.
- 6 minutes’ walk from Aravet lift
- 5-10 minutes’ walk from resort centre
- 2 minutes’ walk from ski bus stop
- 5 minutes’ walk from nursery slopes
- 15 minutes’ walk to the ski school meeting point
Hotel La Vieille Ferme Rooms
All rooms are non-smoking and have a flat screen TV.
Double room – sleeps 2: double bed, private bath and WC.
Double room – sleeps 2: double bed, private shower and WC.
- Hotel bar and lounge
- Sun terrace
- Small ski room
- Free WiFi in public areas
- 27 rooms
The hotel manager owns a Staffordshire terrier, which is sometimes in the main hotel building.
· hot and cold buffet breakfast · 3-course evening meal · Christmas Eve gala dinner with a traditional Swedish dinner, and a turkey and Christmas pudding dinner on Christmas Day · New Year’s Eve gala dinner with a 4-course meal (starter, fish, meat and dessert), complimentary wine with dinner and sparkling wine at midnight · rotisserie dinner option (payable locally)
There is a steep hill from transfer stop to hotel of around 150 metres in length.