The Hotel Strass Garni is the excellent-value extension to the Sport & Spa Hotel Strass, and it’s linked to the main hotel by a panoramic glass bridge.
Staying here, you’re virtually on the doorstep of the Zillertal’s most famous link to the mountains – the Penken gondola. Plus, you’re right in the heart of Mayrhofen’s lively centre.
You’ll get your breakfast served at the Garni, and later on you can make the most of the après spots in the main Strass complex. There’s a great choice of bars including the famous après-ski bar, Ice Bar, a sports bar and the soundproofed Arena nightclub.
- In village centre
- Next to the Penken gondola
- Ski school meeting point at the top of the Penken gondola
- 10 minutes’ walk to the Ahorn cable car
- Ski bus stops next door
Hotel Strass Garni Rooms:
All rooms have a hairdryer, safe and satellite TV.
Twin room – sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower, WC and balcony.
Triple room – sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, extra single sofa bed when booked for three, private shower, WC and balcony.
Junior suite – sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children up to 12 years): Austrian twin beds, extra double sofa bed when booked for three or four, private bath, shower, WC and balcony.
Single room – sleeps 1: Single bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds: One large bed frame containing two single mattresses, each with their own bedding.
· free WiFi · lifts to all floors · 154 bedrooms
Wine, dine and unwind
· large lounge and bar · lively après ski ‘Ice Bar’ open until 10pm · sound-proofed Arena nightclub · live music
Spa, wellness and pools
· 3 indoor swimming pools · family sauna · spa with relaxation areas, therapy pool, foot spa, sauna, aroma steam room, inhalation cave and tropical showers · extra charge for massage, spa treatments and solarium · bathrobes are available at a deposit from the spa reception
For the family
· games room with pool and table tennis · children’s playroom with toys
· fitness room · extra charge for squash courts
- Free WiFi
- Lounge and bar
- Access to swimming pool & wellness facilities at the Sport & Spa Hotel Strass complex (approx. €30pp per visit payable locally)
- Après-ski Ice Bar and Arena nightclub in Sport & Spa Hotel Strass complex
- Lifts to all floors
- 154 rooms
· buffet breakfast
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.