Filzmoos is a picturesque village in the Salzburger Land region of Austria. It is known for its stunning mountain scenery, traditional Austrian atmosphere, and family-friendly ski resort. Filzmoos is part of the Ski Amadé ski area, which offers over 860 kilometers of pistes for all levels of skiers and snowboarders.
Filzmoos has a more relaxed après-ski scene than some other Austrian ski resorts. However, there are still a variety of bars, restaurants, and cafes to choose from. Some of the most popular après-ski spots in Filzmoos include:
- Hotel Hubertus: This hotel has a lively bar with live music and dancing.
- Hotel Post: This hotel has a cozy bar with a fireplace and a large selection of Austrian wines.
- Gasthof Grimmingblick: This traditional Austrian restaurant offers a cozy atmosphere and hearty food.
Other winter activities
In addition to skiing and snowboarding, there are a variety of other winter activities to enjoy in Filzmoos, including:
- Tobogganing: There are several toboggan runs in Filzmoos, including a floodlit run that is open at night.
- Snowshoeing: There are a variety of snowshoeing trails in the Filzmoos area, ranging from beginner to challenging.
- Ice skating:There is an outdoor ice rink in Filzmoos.
Filzmoos is a great destination for a ski holiday, especially for families and beginners. The resort has a variety of easy and intermediate pistes, as well as a relaxed après-ski scene. There are also a variety of other winter activities to enjoy, such as tobogganing, snowshoeing, and horse-drawn sleigh rides.
Filzmoos is a great destination for skiers and snowboarders of all levels, especially families and beginners. The resort has a variety of easy and intermediate pistes, as well as a few challenging black runs. There is also a snow park and a fun slope for children.
Some of the most popular ski areas in Filzmoos include:
- Grossberg: This mountain offers a variety of pistes for all levels of skiers and snowboarders, as well as a snow park and fun slope.
- Neuberg: This mountain is known for its challenging black runs and off-piste terrain.
- Roßbrand: This mountain is ideal for families and beginner skiers, with wide, gentle pistes and a children’s ski area.
Season Start / End:2/12 – 2/4
Opening Times: 09:00 – 16:00
Total Slope Length: 13 km
Easy Runs: 6
Intermediate Runs: 5
Difficult Runs: 1
MOUNTAIN STATION ALTITUDE: 1645m
VALLEY STATION ALTITUDE: 1057m
TOTAL SKI LIFTS: 8
CHAIR LIFTS: 2
DRAG LIFTS: 5