Alpbach is located at the head of the valley and is surely one of the most charming villages in Austria. The village is steeped in tradition and has a lovely atmosphere where the traditional chalets are scattered around the beautiful church. There are some lovely hotels and guesthouses to choose from in Alpbach for those perfect ski holidays.
Alpbach has a lively après-ski scene, with a variety of bars and restaurants offering live music, dancing, and food and drinks. Some of the most popular après-ski spots include:
Ski Juwel Haus: This popular bar is located at the base of the Wiedersbergerhorn gondola. It offers live music, dancing, and a variety of food and drinks.
Alpbacherhof: This traditional Austrian restaurant is located in the village center. It offers a cozy atmosphere, delicious food, and live music on weekends.
Pfefferkorn: This bar is located in the village center and is known for its lively atmosphere and friendly staff.
In addition to skiing and snowboarding, Alpbach offers a variety of other activities for visitors to enjoy. These include:
- Hiking: There are several hiking trails in the area, ranging from easy to challenging.
- Snowshoeing: Snowshoeing is a great way to explore the winter landscape and enjoy the fresh air.
- Horseback riding: Horseback riding is a popular activity in the Alpbach Valley. There are several stables that offer rides through the snow-covered countryside.
- Visiting the village: Alpbach is a charming village with narrow streets and traditional Austrian architecture. Visitors can enjoy browsing the shops, sampling the local cuisine, and exploring the village’s many hidden gems.
Alpbach’s ski slopes are set on two flanks of the Wiedersbergerhorn. They are small and simple with excellent piste maintenance. Beginners will use the excellent wide nursery slopes in the village or are taken to the Wiedersbergerhorn. For those in Inneralpbach the nursery slopes are on your doorstep. Intermediates will enjoy skiing and boarding in Alpbach. The main area will be via the Wiedersbergerhorn gondola. From there you will be able to enjoy the long red runs with some tree skiing and fantastic views. Advanced skiers and boarders will find some black runs and some off piste that can be taken with a guide. There are 22Km of pretty cross country trails that rise up above Inneralpbach.
- Season Start / End: 2/12 – 3/4
- Opening Times: 08:30 – 16:00
- Total Slope Length: 93.1 km
- Easy Slope Length: 25.9 km
- Intermediate Slope Length: 53.7 km
- Difficult Slope Length: 13.5 km
- Signposted Ski Routes: 16.3 km
MOUNTAIN STATION ALTITUDE: 2100m
VALLEY STATION ALTITUDE: 830m
TOTAL SKI LIFTS: 45
CHAIR LIFTS: 7
DRAG LIFTS: 29
CROSS COUNTRY TRAILS AVAILABLE: 70km in total area