We simply love the Alpen-Karawanserai. It translates to English roughly as the Alpine Caravan – but this is no shed on two wheels. This place pulls loads of influences stretching from the Sahara as far as the Orient and fuses them beautifully with the style of the Alps to create a modern design hotel with a difference. A Persian rug here, Nakashima influenced shelving there and – of course – that all important Austrian hospitality.
The location is fantastic too – pretty much equidistant from the Reiterkogel and Bergfried lifts – in the centre of Hinterglemm. You can be on the mountain within a minute or so. Plus if you fancy a night out and about in town you’re just moments away.
The spa and wellness facilities are really a special treat. Choose from a wide selection of saunas and steam rooms. With so many choices of sauna, the spa team are on hand to give advice and help guide you through your wellness ritual. There are daily homemade fresh peelings that are free to try in the hammam – including yoghurt, coffee, honey and even chocolate scrubs. And the mood showers are a fantastic way to cool off after you’ve been warmed up to 90°C in the Finnish sauna. Plus there are two pools – one indoor and one out – and a family sauna too where you can keep your swimming costumes on.
If you love food then you’re in for a treat too. Yes, those Oriental influences pop up again – evident in the great use of herbs and spices that give each dish a unique zing. But the ingredients – where possible – are all sourced from local farmers. This gives the chefs full confidence in creating delicious, fresh, dishes with great quality from farm to plate.
• central location • 2 minutes’ walk to Reiterkogelbahn ski lift
All bedrooms have private shower and WC, bathrobes, hairdryer, internet link, minibar, flatscreen satellite TV, safe and are non-smoking.
Gewürzstrasse standard twin room – for 2 people with twin beds, private shower and WC.
Saumpfad superior triple room – for 2-3 people with twin beds and extra single sofa bed, private shower and WC.
Seidenstrasse junior suite with balcony – for 2-3 people with twin beds and extra single sofa bed, private shower and WC.
Weihrauchstrasse single room – for 1 person with single bed.
· free WiFi · 70 bedrooms · lift to all floors
Wine, dine & unwind
· bar and lounge · library
Spa, wellness & pools
· large spa area with a heated outdoor pool and indoor pool · saunas, steam room, infrared cabin, salt grotto, whirlpool, kneipp treatments, gym with panoramic views, massage beds and relaxation area · extra charge for massage and beauty treatments · 5th floor Skydeck relaxation area with amazing views
· free activity programme with fitness trainer
· welcome drink · hot and cold buffet breakfast · weekly prosecco and prosciutto breakfast · daily lunch snack buffet · daily après ski snack · 5 course evening meals with choices of main course and daily salad buffet · regular starter and dessert buffets · New Year’s Eve gala dinner